The Netball Queensland and Queensland Academy of Sport Elite Development Program provides holistic development and education of the state’s emerging elite netball athletes. The initiative provides participants with tailored, load-managed programs designed to assist their breakthrough to the sport’s biggest stages. Squad members are eligible for selection to the Queensland Fusion team, who compete within the second-tier Australian Netball League competition.
The program delivers the following for selected athletes:
• Off court education aimed at preparing well rounded athletes.
• Personalised, load managed training programs.
• Access to tailored strength and conditioning education and programs.
• Access to tailored nutritional education and programs.
• Access to sports psychology education and programs.
• Direct mentoring from the Lorna Jane Queensland Firebirds coaching staff and playing group.
Alexia Baker, Bella Sorby, Beryl Friday, Binnian Hunt, Bridey Condren, Claire Haigh, Danielle Taylor, Harriett Adsett, Jacqui Russell, Jada Gafa, Jemmason Power, Kristen Oxenford, Leah Middleton, Lenora Misa, Luci Benjamin, Macey Gardner, Maddie Hinchliffe, Mia Henderson, Rylie Holland, Sally Butters, Sarapheinna Woulf, Shenae Grant, Steph Noble, Tara Hinchliffe, Tippah Dwan, Vanessa Augustini.