The 2017 Netball Queensland (NQ) Emerging Players Camp will be held from September 16-19 2017.
The camp will serve as the preliminary selection process for the 2018 Queensland 17/U and 19/U training squads.
Throughout the year, players have been monitored and identified by a number of methods, including:
- Associations nominating their best current 15 and 16-year-old players for consideration
- QSNL team coaches providing feedback to NQ from the Division 1, 2 and 19/U competitions
- Talent scouts monitoring the Queensland Secondary Schoolgirls Championships and Queensland Independent Secondary Schools Netball carnival
- Talent Scouts monitoring the 15/U division of the Nissan State Age Championships
- Talent Scouts monitoring Queensland Premier League fixtures around the state
Knowledge from the 2016 Emerging Players Camp and feedback from the Emerging Talent Workshops will also be considered.
From these sources of information, a list of names have been collated. This list will be assessed and refined in the coming weeks in consultation with State selection panels and a list of players will be invited by 1 August 2017 to attend the Emerging Players Camp in September.
The number of attendees is not fixed and will be dependent on positional supply and demand.
Logistically there is likely to be between 80 and 100 players invited, inclusive of both 17/U and 19/U age groups.
Once the final list is collated, a decision will be made on whether the 19/U group need to come together in September or if the training squad of 25 can commence in either late 2017 or early 2018 as per the 2017 final selection process.
If you have any questions in relation to this event, please don’t hesitate to contact Richard McInnes via [email protected]