Hygiene protocol information
Here are some simple ways you can protect yourself and your community.
· Wash your hands frequently. Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them
with soap and water.
· Maintain social distancing. Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
· Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
· Practice respiratory hygiene. Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
Dispose of the tissue immediately.
· If you are feeling unwell, seek medical care early.
If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance.
· Stay home. If you or a member or your community are not well please stay at home.
· Stay informed and follow advice given by your healthcare provider. Stay informed on the latest developments about COVID-19.
· Washing of bibs. Preferably after every session.
· Cleaning of whistles and drink bottles. Also avoid sharing.
· Avoiding unnecessary contact with players. Including hand shakes, high fives, hugs, kissing and selfies.
· For classroom style events, allow extra spacing between seats and provide hand sanitiser.
· Cleaning exercise equipment. Wipe down equipment before and after use.
· Utilise showers. If facilities allow shower after training and games.
For more information please refer to the following: