PURPOSE AND BACKGROUND
The Emerging Talent Program (ETP) identifies and develops players, coaches, umpires and selectors across Queensland through the delivery of clinics and activities by Netball Queensland staff or representatives. Building on the 2017 Emerging Talent Program a number of enhancements will be made in 2018 to ensure maximum uptake of willing participants and to integrate the Emerging Talent Program with the 16U State Titles.
The ETP forms a key part of the process in selecting the teams to compete at the 16U State Titles. The purpose of the 16U State Titles is to provide an opportunity for the best players (turning 15 and 16), coaches and umpires from across Qld to compete against each other in a high quality competition. It also provides players with a shared platform to compete for selection in the QLD 17U Squad for the following year. Importantly, this competition also serves as a transition point from Association based netball (State Age, QPL) into regional representative netball aligned with QSNL licensees to assist in optimising the transition rates into the State League competition. For more information on the program please click on the link below.
EMERGING TALENT CLINICS – PHASE 2
TIMES AND LOCATIONS
The Emerging Talent Clinics will be conducted at the following venues with specific times indicated.
1:00 – 5:00pm
Hervey Bay PCYC
9 O’Rourke St, Pialba, Hervey Bay
|15 July||8:30 – 4:00pm|
11:00 – 5:00pm
10-20 Walker Rd, Edmonton
|15 July||8:30 – 3:30pm|
9:00 – 3:00pm
Victoria Park State School
Goldsmith & Shakespeare St, Mackay
|15 July||9:00 – 3:00pm|
11:45 – 5:00pm
Murray Lyons Cres, Annandale
|22 July||9:00 – 3:00pm|
10:30 – 4:00pm
Duggan Hall, Rockhampton Grammar School
Quarry St entrance, Rockhampton
|22 July||9:00 – 3:00pm|
|Sunshine Coast||22 July||9:00 – 4:00pm||
Caloundra Indoor Stadium
North Street, Golden Beach
|Darling Downs||29 July||9:00 – 3:00pm||
University of Southern Queensland
West St, Darling Heights, Toowoomba
|Brisbane North||29 July||9:00 – 4:00pm||
Genesis Christian College Sports Centre
Youngs Crossing Rd, Warner (next to swimming pool)
|Brisbane South||29 July||9:00 – 4:00pm||
Coleman Sports Centre, John Paul College
2nd school entrance on John Paul Dr, Daisy Hill
|Golden South||5 August||8:30 – 3:30pm||
Rod Lane Sports Centre, Coomera Anglican College
Entry 5, Billinghurst Cr, Upper Coomera
|Brisbane West||5 August||9:00 – 4:00pm||
Ipswich Girls Grammar
Chermside Rd & Queen Victoria Parade, Ipswich
|Brisbane East||5 August||9:00 – 4:00pm||
97 Dundas St W, Ormiston
- The cost to register as a player, coach or umpire is $40 (non-refundable)
- Registrations will open on 10 June and closes on 1 July. (The links to register are in maroon below)
PLAYERS REGISTRATION REGISTRATIONS FOR PLAYERS ARE NOW CLOSED.
Players who would like to be considered for selection in their respective 16U State Titles team, must self-nominate to attend the local Emerging Talent Clinic (ETC). Please note this program is run by Netball Queensland, not by your local Association or region, even though the program name may be similar. To help you work out if you should attend the Emerging Talent Clinics or not, please use the following as a guide. If you can answer “yes” to any of the following questions, you should attend:
- Have you played State Age Championships for your Association?, or
- Have you represented your regional school zone in netball at secondary school level?, or
- Have you represented Queensland (or another State) in a different sport?
Players who answered “yes” to any of the following questions should click on this link to REGISTER for the Emerging Talent Clinic in their area.
COACHES AND UMPIRES REGISTRATION
If you are a Development Accredited level coach or higher, and who are coaching at 14-16 years representative level OR a National C Badge level umpire or higher or are working towards gaining their National C Badge and would like to attend the Emerging Talent Clinic please click on this link to REGISTER.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is Phase 2 Emerging Talent Program invitation only?
- No, players born 2002 and 2003 may self-nominate via the registration links on this page between June 10 and July 1, 2018
- Do players need to attend Phase 2 Emerging Talent Program to be considered for selection in their 16U Regional Team?
- Yes, players need to attend the Phase 2 clinic to be considered for selection, however there are some considerations around this:
- If, a player is away representing Queensland or Australia in any event, they will be considered for selection based on the selector’s current knowledge of their play. These players should notify Tracey Fear, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) detailing the event they are participating in and providing verification of their participation, or
- If a player is injured or ill and unable to participate, they will be considered for selection based on the selector’s current knowledge of their play. These players should notify Tracey Fear, via email (email@example.com ) with a medical certificate as soon as practically possible before the Clinic.
- Player who choose not to attend the Emerging Talent Clinic, to participate in other local games (of any sport, including netball) will not be considered for their respective Regional team.
- In Phase 1 of the Emerging Talent Program, players were able to attend a clinic in a different Zone if they could not make their local one, can they do this again for Phase 2?
- Players must attend their local ETP clinic due to the selection nature of Phase 2. Phase 1 Clinics were more focused on education and development, whereas Phase 2 is more focused on selection and development of players?
- Player may only attend a single Phase 2 Emerging Talent Clinic.
- If a player did not attend Phase 1, can they attend Phase 2?
- Yes, any age eligible player can attend Phase 2.
- Can I get a refund if I pay and then can’t attend?
- No, there are no refunds provided
- What will it cost to play in the 16U State Titles
- The final costs will be determined shortly, but the event will be cost equalized so all participants will pay the same price where ever they are coming from.
- Does my registration from Phase 1 apply to Phase 2
- No, the Phase 2 program is separate to Phase 1 so you will need to register for Phase 2.