The annual Netball Queensland Community Awards recognise the contributions and commitment of organisations and individual members to our netball community across Queensland.
These peer nominated awards enable us to recognise Associations, clubs and schools who have significantly contributed to the growth, development and delivery of netball, as well as to acknowledge individual achievements and contributions within our netball community.
These awards provide Associations, clubs, schools and community members with a wonderful opportunity to celebrate and publicly recognise the efforts of their peers across a range of categories.
The annual awards for individual contributors are:
- Spirit of Netball - recognising individuals who have demonstrated a commitment to the Netball Queensland values and significantly contributed to the growth, development, sustainability, and delivery of netball.
- Youth Spirit Award (Under 21yrs) - recognising individuals who have demonstrated a commitment to the Netball Queensland values and significantly contributed to the growth, development, sustainability, and delivery of netball.
- Community Coach of the Year – recognising the dedication and commitment of coaches, and the important role they have in ensuring the success of our sport at all levels.
- Official of the Year – recognising an umpire, umpire coach or bench official who has demonstrated a high standard of performance and/or supported the development of other officials.
- Teacher of the Year - recognising the important role teachers and school leader have in fostering and supporting student participation in netball within schools. The commitment of schools to attract, nurture, develop and educate participants is paramount to the sustainability of our sport.
The annual awards for clubs, Associations & schools are:
- Community Netball Organisation of the Year (MORE than 500 members) – recognising clubs and associations that have demonstrated excellence in governance, administration, workforce development and leadership that strengthen and sustain netball participation.
- Community Netball Organisation of the Year (LESS than 500 members) – recognising clubs and associations that have demonstrated excellence in governance, administration, workforce development and leadership that strengthen and sustain netball participation.
- NetSetGo Centre of the Year – recognising centres providing a memorable netball experience for first time and young participants and planting the seeds to grow a lifelong involvement in the game.
- Netball School of the Year - recognising the vital contribution schools make to the success of netball in the across Queensland.
- Inclusion Award - recognising organisations or individuals that have ensured that netball is an inclusive sport and supports opportunities for people in our diverse communities to play, coach, umpire and volunteer.
- Community Innovation - recognising an individual, Association or club that has developed and implemented innovative solutions and/practices to support the growth and sustainability of netball in their community.
Nominations are CLOSED & had to be submitted by 10th January 2022, 5pm.
To be eligible for these awards, nominations must:
- Reflect achievements, contribution and commitment of the individual or organisation during the period, 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021
- Meet the criteria specific to the relevant award category
- Be submitted by a Member Association, Community Netball Club, School or individual Netball Queensland member.
- Be submitted online via the Awards portal
To view the criteria, please click here
After the closing date for nominations, all submissions will be reviewed to confirm eligibility, and progressed to the relevant selection panel. Membership of selection panels will include Netball Queensland members, staff and independent representatives.