Suncorp NetSetGO is a fun, safe, social and active program for girls and boys aged 5 to 10. It gives children of all abilities a positive introduction to netball and teaches them the basic skills of the sport, through fun and engaging activities.
Suncorp NetSetGO is divided into three tiers, enabling participants to develop skills at a pace that’s right for their age and ability:
- Net is for 5 to 6 year olds and teaches fundamental motor skills through activities and games
- Set is for 7 to 8 year olds and focuses on refining fundamental motor skills and introducing modified match play
- GO is for 9 to 10 year olds and focuses on developing netball specific skills through modified match play
Participants at all levels take part in skill-based activities, minor games, and modified match play that will help them develop fundamental movement skills, as well as important social skills.
All Suncorp NetSetGO sessions are led by a friendly local netball coach, using equipment built specially for kids.
Community and volunteer coaches across Queensland help us to deliver NetSetGo program in their local communities, including netball clubs, associations and schools.
Often Coaching NetSetGo, is an individual’s first experience as a sport coach and it’s important to remember that a big part of the role is ensuring that participants have fun in a safe and inclusive environment, and to keep the focus on developing and learning skills, building on the fundamentals and playing modified netball games.
We have collated the resources below to help get you started in your new role and to help you plan the sessions for your program.
- Suncorp NetSetGo Coach Workbook
- Suncorp NetSetGo Modified rules summary
- NetSetGo Session Plans
- Suncorp NetSetGo Coach Development Guide
- Context for modified rules and equipment
You can access a range of additional resources on our Beginning your coaching journey page.