Hygiene Protocol Information
Here are some simple ways you can protect yourself and your community:
- Wash your hands frequently. Regular and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Maintain social distancing. Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Practice respiratory hygiene. Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Dispose of the tissue immediately.
- If you're feeling unwell, seek medical care early. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance.
- Stay home. If you or a member of your community are not well please stay home.
- Stay informed. Follow the latest advice given by your healthcare provider about COVID-19.
- Wash bibs regularly. Preferably after every session.
- Avoid sharing. Where possible avoid sharing whistles and drink bottles, these should be cleaned regularly.
- Avoid unnecessary contact. This includes hand shakes, hugs, high fives, kissing and selfies.
- Allow extra spacing. For classroom style events, allow extra spacing between seats and provide hand sanitiser.
- Clean equipment. Wipe down all equipment with disinfectant before and after use.
- Utilise showers. If facilites allow showers after training and games.
For more information, please refer to the following: