Are you an accredited netball coach with demonstrated success in coaching elite, emerging elite or semi-professional teams?
Are you a proven leader with a track record of identifying and developing athletes to higher representation?
Do you want to lead the Queensland Sapphires to success in their Australian Netball Championships Campaign?
If you answered yes to all the above, you could be our next Queensland Sapphires Head Coach and we would love to hear from you!
Netball Queensland has an opportunity for a Head Coach to lead our Queensland Sapphires on their campaign to the Australian National Championship (ANC), the new look pathway competition that has replaced the Australian Netball League. The nine-day tournament is set to take place in Traralgon, Victoria in September.
In this role you will provide leadership to the Queensland Sapphires Australian National Championship (ANC) campaign through coaching, operational management, and overall performance accountability. You will also create the best possible daily training environment and performance culture for our athletes.
The position is offered as a three-month contract from 30 June to 30 September.
What to Expect
- Month one (July) – planning and selections (approx. 4 hours per week)
- Month two (August) – hands on coaching and planning (approx. 6-8 hours per week)
- Month three (September) – nine-day tournament plus reviews and reporting (approx. 50 hours total)
How to Apply
To apply please submit your application, addressed to Demelza Fellowes - High Performance Director, to email@example.com.
Your application should include a personal statement that responds to the skills and experience requirements outlined in the Queensland Sapphires Head Coach position description.
Additionally, in your application please respond to the below:
- What is your coaching philosophy?
- What is your greatest success as a coach and how did you contribute to this?
- What is greatest challenge as a coach and how you are working to overcome this?
Applications close Thursday 9 June and interviews will take place week commencing 14 June.
Due to the nature of the position and the sport industry, evening, weekend work and travel are required.